Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Are your telephone calls as private as you think??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member imported_VTgal's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 24th, 2002
    Posts
    1,245
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Are your telephone calls as private as you think??

    Recently I started a job with a company that makes equipment that is used for monitoring communications - namely telephone conversations. There are legitimate uses for this technology; banks, utility companies, and customer service organizations use it to make sure their customers are getting quality service out of their telephone agents.

    It came to my attention after working there for awhile, however, that this was not the only use of the technology... It seems that certian governmental entities have also been implementing our product - into the very telephone network that you and I use every day. That's right - the US government is recording each and every one of your telephone calls right now.

    I confided this in the girl I am dating - who I will admit is more of a worldly thinker than I am at times. Initially, she did not believe that this was occuring - so I offered her proof by playing for her one of the phone calls that we made. She was astonished, and completely beside herself at this blatant breach of privacy and ethical behavior.

    She has convinced me how absolutely wrong this situation is, and how this unconstitutional disregard for the Bill of Rights will erode our freedom and privacy and freedom if allowed to continue unchecked. My biggest hurdle in being able to change this is gathering enough people behind the cause - and that's because they don't seem to believe that this is happening.

    As an offer of proof, I have copied 1 terrabyte of audio files that have been recorded from a national telephone switching point in Dallas, TX. Enter your 10-digit phone number in the box below, along with the 10-digit phone number of someone you have called recently - if a recording is included in the data that I have copied, you can listen to the proof yourself!

    You can check your phone convos here
    Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealousy, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war minus the shooting.
    George Orwell

  2. #2
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Are your telephone calls as private as you think??

    well i fell for it [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member imported_UKCats1's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 6th, 2004
    Posts
    607
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Are your telephone calls as private as you think??

    how rude!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [url="http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/scorecard/02/01/sterger.roadtrip/p1_sterger.jpg"]http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/scorecard/02/01/sterger.roadtrip/p1_sterger.jpg[/url]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Diets17's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,291
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Are your telephone calls as private as you think??

    Well I didnt actually try it, what does it do? Telephone co's can pull up phone convos, I believe? I mean, how are they used in court cases and such?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •